Market Measures to Prioritise Individu-Wellness:
With the semi-relaxation of quarantine, the Castlemaine Farmers Market still has stringent health and safety practices and protocols in place. As an essential food market, we will, until further notice, be held at the Western Reserve, across Forest Street from its usual spot, allowing for greater distance between stalls.
• Maintaining the 1 person per 4 square metres physical distancing requirement
- We have volunteers regularly reminding shoppers of their personal responsibility to maintain physical distance
- Indicative markers will be placed on the ground to demonstrate the required distances
- Eliminating close queuing for service (1 person per 4 square metre rule will apply) - DO NOT WALK THROUGH QUEUES! PLEASE WALK AROUND so you maintain the correct distancing.
• Requiring every stallholder to have hand sanitiser
• Requiring stallholders to use disposable gloves for handling of food
• Providing hand wash stations for the public throughout the market
• Card/Paywave transactions are strongly preferred. If cash is absolutely necessary then stallholders are asked to follow the most stringent cash handling protocol. We have already implemented this at the weekly market and it works. Stallholders bring a bucket with lots of soapy water in it and each time they receive cash (using a disposable glove), they drop it in the bucket. Any change given out must have been pre-washed in soapy water.
• Tastings or samples of food offered must be offered in such a way to ensure there is not risk of contamination, including customers breathing over them
• Plants and live animals are now allowed back for sale
• Eliminating tables and chairs - patrons will be asked to shop and leave as quickly as is practical
• There will now be hot food available
• Coffee is back, but no boomerang cups for now
The most important consideration for patrons and stallholders is as follows:
1. If you have knowingly been in contact with anyone who may be infected by the coronavirus DO NOT ATTEND. Give particular consideration to any person you know who may have travelled internationally or domestically in the last 14 days.
2. If you think you might have any of the symptoms that indicate that you may be affected please DO NOT ATTEND. You can check here: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
There may be other restrictions we implement as we take guidance from Health Officials and monitor best practice at other markets.
NOTE: We ask that you please do not bring dogs to the market.
We encourage you to Get In, Get Shopping and Go Home safely.
The monthly Castlemaine Farmers Market is held on the first Sunday of the month from 9 am to 1 pm, and the CFM Weekly is held every Wednesday from 2.30 to 5.30 pm from April to August and 3.30-6.30 pm from September to March.