The market will, until further notice, be held at the Western Oval, across Forest Street from its usual spot, allowing for greater distance between stalls. To further ensure the safety of everyone who attends, the market is applying some stringent health and safety practices and protocols.
These will include but not be limited to:
- Enforcing the 1 person per 4 square metres physical distancing requirement
- We will have a volunteer with a PA regularly reinforcing the personal responsibility to maintain physical distance
- Indicative markers will be placed on the ground to demonstrate the required distance
- Requiring every stallholder to have hand sanitiser
- Requiring stallholders to use disposable gloves for handling of food
- Providing hand wash stations for the public throughout the market
- Eliminating close queuing for service (1 person per 4 square metre rule will apply)
- Card/Paywave transactions are strongly preferred. If cash is absolutely necessary then stallholders are asked to follow the most stringent cash handling protocol. We have already implemented this at the weekly market and it works. Stallholders bring a bucket with lots of soapy water in it and each time they receive cash (using a disposable glove), they drop it in the bucket. Any change given out must have been pre-washed in soapy water.
- There will be no tastings or samples of food offered
- There will be no plants or live animals for sale
- Eliminating tables and chairs - patrons will be asked to shop and leave as quickly as is practical. No congregating over breakfast, brunch, lunch, coffee within the market.
- There will be hot food available; however, everyone will be asked to take this home or move into Victory Park to eat (maintaining their 1 person per 4 square metre physical distance from one another)
There may be other restrictions we implement as we take guidance from Health Officials and monitor best practice at other markets.
NOTE: This is not a social event in this time of pandemic. Please only one family member to attend and shop. Please do not bring elderly family members or children. Do not bring dogs.
We encourage you to Get In, Get Shopping and Go Home safely.
The most important consideration for patrons and stallholders is as follows:
1. If you have knowingly been in contact with anyone who may be infected by the coronavirus DO NOT ATTEND. Give particular consideration to any person you know who may have travelled internationally or domestically in the last 14 days.
2. If you think you might have any of the symptoms that indicate that you may be affected please DO NOT ATTEND. You can check here: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus